Delivers excellence in solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management for investors and clean energy customer across the Americas. The team has more than 100 projects worldwide totaling over 1GW to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
Looking for a Director of Equipment Procurement. This person will drive implementation of the procurement strategy and standards across solar PV systems and components. Equipment spend will be well over $2 Billion over the next few years with the mission to development best in class procurement to effectively reap maximum value across each project.
- Drive best-in-class global sourcing of solar PV systems and components including photovoltaic modules, racking or tracking systems, inverters, balance-of-system (AC and DC), transformers, switchgear and GSU
- Own and drive the RFP process and contract negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Develop and implement strong supplier development and supplier relationship management processes
- Monitor and evaluate the risk of geopolitical and regulatory initiatives the impact the supply chain and develop the mitigation or contingency plans for the sourcing options
- Synthesis market intelligence with internally gathered intelligence to perform forecasts for major equipment
- Negotiate and execute master agreements and purchase orders in support of company projects.
- Build key relationships and manage those relationships actively with key vendors
- Analyze and manage risk in contracting with vendors
- Provide timely guidance of technical specification and commercial terms to Engineering, Finance, Legal and other functions to ensure the development of an integrated approach to contracting and the negotiation of contracts including provision for appropriate terms & conditions
- Create and implement appropriate performance metrics for external suppliers, as well as the procurement organization
- Maintain supplier quality standards to ensure the Company's quality requirements are met
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in STEM or MBA, or significant experience in technical procurement
- Experience and deep understanding of terms and conditions of equipment contracts
- CPSM or equivalent a plus
- Strong product knowledge of PV modules and solar inverters
- Experience in global sourcing and international negotiations
- 5-10 years of increasingly progressive procurement experience
- Experience with a solar energy developer or solar EPC contractor
- Familiarity with evolving quality factors and trends within the PV industries
- Understanding of the inner working of module suppliers and the solar PV supply chain
- Experience with sourcing and equipment/material negotiation